Ibiza airport is perculiar in that year round it receives only a limited number of scheduled flights, just three of which coming from European destinations. This all changes in the European summer holiday season though as charter flights from all over Europe descend on what is known as the "party island" of the Balearics.
Whilst catering to the younger tourist trade in summer Ibiza offers a number of year round tourist attractions as well as local industry to attract visitors to the Island. Of course travelling off peak one benefits from the investments in infrastructue and tourism facilities of bucket and spade summer holidaymakers without having to suffer the masses!
Transport to and from
The airport is located next to San Antonio, Ibiza, and is contected to the islands highway system. There are no railways on the island and all tranpost is either by bus, car or on foot!
- By road: The highway PM-801 connects the airport with the Ibiza road network.
- By Taxi: Taxis meet all flights, charter or scheduled, with fares to central Ibiza being around 13€ during daylight hours which rises to 15€ for noctural trips. In the event of your requiring specially adapted transport from disabled people these are provided by Radio Taxi San Jose and the vehicles are normally at the airport. On the rare occasion that they are not a call to Radio Taxis will resolve the issue: +34 971 800 080.
- By Bus: Four different bus routes fan out from Ibiza airport and cover the whole island. Bus services in Ibiza are provided by four different coach companies under one local bus company Ibizabus banner. This means that transfers between two routes are not possible without paying two different fares. Tickets cost up to 3€ each way to anywhere on the island although shorter routes will cost less.
Airlines and destinations
There are just nine scheduled flights from Ibiza split between six domestic and three international destinations.
Domestic airlines and destinations
Domestic flights connect the airport in Ibiza with.
- Alicante flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
- Barcelona flights by Air Europa, Iberia, Spanair and Vueling - Low cost and Legacy
- Madrid flights by Air Europa, Air Nostrum, Iberia, Spanair and Quantum Air - Mix of low cost and legacy
- Menorca flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
- Palma de Mallorca flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia and Air Berlin - Regional and Low cost
- Valencia flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
International flights and destinations
Whilst there are a very limited number of scheduled international destinations with flights to Ibiza summer can see up to 90 additional destinations available although not all will offer seat only fares.
- Dusseldorf flights by Ryanair
- London Stansted flights by Ryanair
- Milan flights by Ryanair
Return from Ibiza airport to Airports in Spain
> Spanish airports >