Reus airport is also somewhat "creatively marketed" as Barcelona airport by one of the biggest low fares airlines in Europe and indeed the only operator: Ryanair!
Ideally positioned as a gateway to the cities of Reus, Tarragona, Salou and indeed the whole Costa Dorada Golden coast the airports growth in recent years has come from the spectacular rise of Low cost Ryanair airlines and their insistence of a cheaper alternative airport to serve "nearby" Barcelona.
Transport to and from
For those visitors flying to Reus and wishing to travel onwards to Barcelona the journey time is stated at 90 minutes but can frequently be more than this if there are traffic jams in Barcelona.
- By road: Reus airport enjoys direct access to the T-11 highway which joins the motorway AP-7 Mediteranean highway which connects Algercias in the south of Spain to Barcelona in the North. The AP-7 is a toll road and requires a payment to use it.
- By Taxi: Taxis meet all flights and park in front of the Terminal. There is also a kiosk representing Taxis Reus inside the terminal or the visitor can reserve in advance on their website here approximate costs are 20€ to Reus and 30€ to Tarragona.
- By Bus: depending on your ultimate destination there are three different bus companies operating five different routes from the airport at Reus to the surrounding cities and tourist resorts of the Costa Dorada. Each route operates to a fixed timetable that meets the Ryanair flights to Reus. Outside these hours only the Reus transport service to the city of Reus (and train stations) operates a standardised timetable.
- Reus Barcelona - Igualdina Barcelona Sants bus station
- Reus Airport to Reus - Reus transport Only in Catalan
- Airport to Costa Dorada - Plana stops in Pineda, Faro, Salou and Cambrils
- Reus Valls - Igualdina
- Reus to Tarragona - Igualdina
Airlines and destinations
As stated at the begining of this guide to the airport at Reus the only airline serving the airport is the pan european Ryanair.
Domestic airlines and destinations
Just three Spanish domestic routes are currently operated by Ryanair:
- Palma de Mallorca flights by Ryanair - Low cost
- Santander flights by Ryanair - Low cost
- Sevilla, Seville flights by Ryanair - Low cost
International flights and destinations
Reus offers flights to both Europe and North African destinations.
- Bristol flights by Ryanair
- Brussels flights by Ryanair
- Eindhoven flights by Ryanair
- London Stansted flights flights by Ryanair
- Marrakech flights by Ryanair
- Nador / El Aroui flights by Ryanair also Andalus a Spanish regional airline is due to start the route.
- Paris Beauvais flights by Ryanair
Return from Reus airport to Airports in Spain
Unique Spain > Spanish airports >