Valladolid airport serves not only the city of the same name and the capital of the region of Castilla y Leon but also the surrounding cities of Palencia, Salamanca and Segovia.
Connectivity is good from the city, with from Valladolid, Madrid being only an hour away on the high speed Ave train network or a 3 hour bus journey. Of course the Castilla y Leon region has its own cultural and tourism attractions as Spains oldest region and one that once ruled most of the Iberian peninsula.
Befitting of an important city the airport in Valladolid is a sleek and modern affair and offers both shopping and restaurant facilities as well as tourist information and travel companies. Its small size means that flying direct to Valladolid is a stress free alternative than the larger airports in Spain.
Transport to and from
Whilst not the busiest airport in Spain Valladolid does see you through customs and into your car in 15 minutes. If you need a hire car these can be reted at the airport or a taxi will meet most flights. A cheaper alternative is the bus.
- By road: Turning right on leaving the airport and taking the N-601 for 20km one arrives to the A-62 motorway that connects to the Spanish motorway system. Inside the airport almost all of the major Spanish car hire companies are represented.
- By Taxi: Taxis into the city of Valladolid cost around 20€ on a weekday and 22€ on a weekend and can only be reserved in advance through the following telephone numbers which are only operated in Spanish: 983 207 755 and 983 291 411.
- By Bus: Valladolid airport is connected to the city by roughly 2 hourly services and can be reserved in the airport terminal itself. Two services each day are operated by Linecar and these can be booked online. In addition all Alsa branded services between Valladolid and Leon will stop at the airport IF you've reserved your ticket in advance here.
Airlines and destinations
Fast boarding and airport processing are with what Valladolid airport makes up for lack in destinations..
Domestic airlines and destinations
With only two airlines operating from the airport the number of domestic destinations is low at just two.
- Barcelona flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional airline
- Valencia flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional airline
International flights and destinations
Valladolid has long been served by Ryanair who now connect Castilla y Leon with three major European regions. Air Nostrum (Iberias regional arm) offers an additional destination.
- Brussels flights by Ryanair
- Dusseldorf flights by Ryanair
- London flights by Ryanair
- Paris flights by Air Nostrum
Return from Valladolid airport to Airports in Spain
> Spanish airports >