Vigo airport provides visitors to Spains western Atlantic coast with access to the rest of Spain and serves the major cities of Vigo, Pontevedra and even Northern Portugal. Destinations are almost entirely domestic with one international flight connecting Vigo and Paris.
Transport to and from
Just 9km from the center of Vigo the visitor to Galicia can be within the city center in less than 20 minutes. For those venturing further afield the Motorway means that almost all of the southern part of Galicia is just an hour away.
- By road: A short distance from the terminal building and by following the N-556 and N-555 the vistor comes to the A-52 Motorway and the Toll motorway AP-9 which connect all of Galicia and into Portugal.
- By Taxi: A taxi from Vigo Airport to anywhere in the city comes at a flat rate of 20€. Further afield the cost is 1€ per kilometer and taxis to all destinations can be found immediately upon leaving the terminal building. Taxis in Vigo can be reserved via 986 252 700, 986 272 829 and 986 470 000 all of which require your being able to speak Spanish to the operator.
- By Bus: Buses from the Airport form part of the 9A circular line which is operated by Vitrasa every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on the weekend. A one way ticket costs just 1.17€!
Airlines and destinations
As stated at the start of this guide the airport in Vigo is primarily domestic with just one international flight. Precise flight details can be found below.
Domestic airlines and destinations
Five domestic destinations with multiple flights daily means it is possible to connect to Vigo through or from the major hubs at Madrid and Barcelona.
- Barcelona flights by Spanair and Vueling - Low cost
- Bilbao flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
- Madrid flights by Iberia, and Air Europa - Legacy
- Tenerife South flights by Air Europa - Legacy
- Valencia flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
International flights and destinations
With just one international destination flights to Vigo will almost certainly entail a change of aircraft within Spain.
- Paris Charles de Gaulle flights by Air Nostrum / Iberia - Regional
Return from Vigo airport to Airports in Spain
Unique Spain >
Spanish airports >